Job: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
|Job Type||Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority|
|Salary||$13.65 - $14.33|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair and maintenance of parks, sports fields and facilities for the Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Performs maintenance on public facilities and parks which includes building and fence maintenance and repair, cutting grass for ball fields and lawn areas, and litter collection.
• Supervises the work of inmates and restitution workers performing park maintenance tasks.
• Prepares parks and facilities for special events and sets up tables, chairs, tents, and other equipment as required.
• Assists in maintenance on facilities and grounds including painting, cleaning rest rooms, maintaining tennis courts and ball fields, repairing fences, and maintaining trail and dock areas.
• Assists with special construction projects and assists in frame construction, painting, landscaping, etc.
• Operates equipment and tools to cut and trim trees, hedges, and clear grounds areas. Insures that equipment operates properly and schedules routine maintenance and repairs. Must have knowledge of supervision and security provisions requirements for inmates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School or G.E.D. No prior experience required to perform the basic tasks of the position. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Must be able to obtain correctional officer certification from the state of Georgia.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability & Paid Vacation-Annually Wellness