Job: DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
|Job Type||Rome Administration|
|Salary||$55,000 - $90,000|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for planning, marketing, and implementing downtown development within the central business district. Under general supervision of the Assistant City Manager, the Director, as a city employee, works with the Downtown Development Authority to implement program objectives, such as community education, formulation of policies, and the development of marketing strategies for those areas. This program will be designed to promote, enhance, conserve, monitor, and improve downtown.
Work Experience Requirements:
· Thorough knowledge of the relevant City Codes, state and federal laws governing downtown development and historic preservation.
· Knowledge of administration, budgeting and basic accounting.
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of planning, development and historic preservation.
· Knowledge of and skills in grant writing and implementation regarding historic preservation and downtown development.
· Skill in oral and written communications.
· Skill in public relations and marketing.
· Skill in organizing.
· Proficient skills in operating computers to include Microsoft Office Suite and other forms of social media.
· Skill in gathering and analyzing statistical data.
· Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Public Relations, Business, Marketing, Political Science, or closely related field. (Master’s Degree Preferred.)
· Five years’ experience in public downtown development.
· Experience in preparing and implementing grants related to historic preservation and downtown development preferred.
· Must possess or able to obtain the Downtown Development Professional Certification within one year of employment. Other certifications may be required over time: Senior Downtown Development Professional and Master Downtown Development Professional.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and proficient in the use of all social media platforms.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to speak comfortably in front of large groups.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
· Must possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.