Job: CREW OFFICER/DETAIL OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
|Salary||$14.94 - $16.46|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform security/manual work functions associated with overseeing the safety and security of inmates assigned to work detail involving road, roadside, and bridge construction, maintenance, and repair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises, directs, and guards inmates on assigned work details; monitors activities and behavior of inmates.
• Maintains inmate discipline; enforces established correctional facility rules and regulations.
• Conducts head-counts of inmates; searches inmates, vehicles, and grounds to locate/remove contraband or weapons.
• Performs tasks involving road, bridge, and roadside construction and maintenance.
• Determines and procures appropriate materials, tools, equipment, and machinery for work projects.
• Determines best match of duties to each inmate; instructs inmates on proper work techniques; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed projects; releases inmates back to correctional facility upon completion of work detail.
• Evaluates safety and security of work area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and supplemented by two (2) years of experience in road construction/maintenance, equipment operation or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License, including appropriate endorsements. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Peace Officer’s Standards and Training Certification.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness