Job: ACCOUNTING CLERK
|Job Type||Floyd County Water|
The purpose of this classification is to perform clerical work functions associated with processing accounts receivables for water utilities and providing information and assistance to water account customers.
• Processes accounts receivables for water utilities; receives payments for utility services; posts payments to proper account; counts cash receipts; balances receipts with reports and related documentation; prepares bank deposits.
• Establishes new accounts, closes accounts, and transfers accounts as requested; assists customers in identifying needed services; provides information regarding services and fees; processes changes in service, changes in address, deposit refunds, discrepancies, and adjustments, etc.; inputs data into computer system database.
• Greets the public in person or by telephone; provides information and assistance regarding County services, procedures, forms, fees, or other issues; responds to routine questions, complaints, or requests for service; initiates problem resolution.
• Prepares and processes work orders to schedule service, including new service, disconnections, transfers, adjustments, meter re-checks, installations, repairs, and replacements.
• Maintains list of accounts disconnected for non-payment; communicates re-connect instructions to meter readers upon receipt of payment; processes re-connection fees. Assists with preparing utility service bills.
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year of experience in bookkeeping, accounts receivable, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic