Governments of Floyd County and City of Rome, GA

How Do I?

Adopt a Pet:  You'll need to contact Animal Control. Find more info here.

Apply for a Citizen Board:  Volunteers are the heart of so many organizations and city and county governments are no different. Both the City of Rome and Floyd County have numerous volunteer opportunities that citizens are encouraged to serve on. From Animal Control and Welfare board to the Planning and Zoning Commission, there is a committee that needs your help.

  • To volunteer with the City of Rome, please fill out this application and return to the City Clerk.
  • To volunteer with Floyd County, please fill out the Citizen Board Application and submit to the County Clerk.

Apply for a Rome City Job:  View current job openings and submit applications on this website. Click here.

Apply for a Floyd County Job: View current job openings and submit applications on this website. Click here.

Find a County Landfill: View the list of remote sites on the Floyd Public Works page

Find a Library: View the website of the Sara Hightower Library System here.

Find commission minutes and agendas,  ordinances, committee minutes and more: These are the kinds of files you can find in our Document Center .

Find a Department Directory: View, filter and search a list of city and county departments here.

Find Emergency and Disaster Information: Visit the Emergency Management Agency page on this site.

Find Information on City Garbage Collection: Read the Rome Solid Waste page on this site.

Find Local School Information: Visit the websites of the Floyd Board of Education and Rome City Schools.

Find Recycling Information: Read about the Rome/Floyd County Recycling Center here.

Find a Sex Offender Search: Visit the Floyd County page on the Zuercher Portal website.

Find Watering Restrictions: During drought conditions, it becomes necessary to implement watering restrictions for water customers of both the City of Rome and Floyd County. The Environmental Protecton Division usually determines the level of restrictions, but local water authorities have the ability to mandate greater restrictions than those implemented by the State. Local restrictions will be posted on the pages of the Rome and Floyd water departments.

Get a Building Inspected: Visit the Building Inspection page on this site.

Get a Driver's License: The Department of Driver Services has a location in Rome on Martha Berry Highway. Click here for details.

Get a Marriage License: Probate Court issues these licenses. See details and requirements here.

Get a Vehicle Tag: The Floyd County Tag Office is located in the Historic Courthouse. See more information here.

Get a Firearm Permit: Probate Court issues these permits. See details and requirements here.

Order a Birth Certificate: The Georgia Department of Public Health can issue birth certificates. Click here to make a request.

Pay a Ticket: Visit our Pay Online page for links to pay traffic and parking tickets.

Pay Property Taxes: View and pay property taxes at the Floyd County Tax Commissioner website

Pay Water Bill: Make sure you know which government serves your water, then click here to make a payment.

Reach a Commissioner: Visit the City Commission and County Commission pages on this site for links to contact information for each commissioner.

Register to Vote: You can register to vote in person or by mail. Click here for details.

Request a Zoning Change: Submit your request to the Rome-Floyd County Planning Department