City of Rome Solid Waste Collections
The City of Rome residents are provided curbside service for garbage, recycling, yard waste and trash collections.
The department operates on a 4 day collection schedule. All of your waste (household garbage, recycling, yard waste cart, and junk items) will be collected on same day between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. All items should be placed at curbside on your scheduled collection day. Please call our office for your area's collection day .
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
The City of Rome Solid Waste Collections will be closed Monday, December 24, and Tuesday December 25th in observance of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Monday, December 24th - Closed in observance of Holiday
- Tuesday, December 25th - Closed in observance of Holiday
- Wednesday, December 26th - Monday's route will be collected (garbage, recycle, yard carts)
- Thursday, December 27th - Tuesday's route will be collected (garbage, recycle, yard carts)
- Friday, December 28th - Thursday and Friday's route will be collected (garbage, and recycle)
Please have collectibles at curbside by 7:00 am.
NEW YEAR'S HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
The City of Rome Solid Waste Collections Department will be closed Tuesday in observance of the New Year's Holiday.
- Monday, December 31st - Regular Monday's route
- Tuesday, January 1st - Closed in observance Holiday
- Wednesday, January 2nd - Closed
- Thursday, January 3rd - Tuesday's route will be collected
- Friday, January 4th - Thursday and Friday's routes will be collected (garbage and recycle)
Please have collectibles at curbside by 7:00 am
Our department operates its solid waste collections by providing residents with a city issued 65 or 95 gallon garbage cart. All garbage must be contained in the size cart you have subscribed to. Residents may choose to subscribe to multiple garbage carts. The monthly charge is included on your utility bill.
2019 Residential Fee Schedule
- 65 gallon city issued cart $ 9.95 per month
- 65 gallon city issued (additional cart) $ 7.80 per month
- 95 gallon city issued $15.25 per/month
- 95 gallon city issued (additional cart) $11.25 per month
The city provides each resident with an 65 gallon recycling cart. All items to be collected should be placed into the cart provided by the city. Please do not sort items in cart. Unacceptable materials and or garbage left in the recycling cart will result in cart not being serviced and/or penalties added to your utility bill.
The following are the only items collected by the City of Rome Curbside Recycling:
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jars (soda bottles, milk jugs, detergent containers). Please rinse.
- Aluminum food and beverage, cans and tin food cans. Please make sure cans are emptied of all contents and rinsed.
- Newspaper and all of its contents, and Magazines.
- Paperboard (cereal boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, and clean TV dinner boxes). Remove liners and flatten.
- Corrugated Cardboard. Please flatten.
- Junk Mail (DO NOT Bag)
- THE CITY DOES NOT COLLECT PLASTIC BAGS AT CURBSIDE
Small items of junk like small appliances, small broken toys, etc should be placed in your garbage cart. For collection of larger items such as old furniture should be placed at street by 7:00 am on day of your garbage service day.
Residents are issued a 95 gallon "Yard Waste Only" cart for the collection of yard debris (grass clippings, weeds, pine straw, small limbs, etc). Additional and smaller 65 gallon carts are available upon request. Residents are charged a monthly fee of $1.55 for each yard cart.
Limbs and brush that will not fit into a yard cart and is not over 500 pounds or 4 cubic yards placed out at one time will be collected by a grabber truck. Brush must not be contaminated with other items and should be placed at the curb for collection. Tree limbs or branches should not exceed 8 feet in length or 200 pounds in weight. This type of collection is done by routes and not by a schedule.Please call our office to get an estimated date of when we will be servicing your area.
* Please note: The city does not collect debris placed out by contractors, and lawn service companies are responsible for hauling off yard waste.
Debris that exceeds the weight and/or the cubic yard limits will be collected for a fee. The minimum fee is $166.00 per trailer.
COMMERCIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
The Solid Waste Collections department will also provide garbage collection service for businesses. Subscription level of service starts at a residential type service with carts or dumpster service for 4, 6 and 8 cubic yard dumpsters.The department will rent and/or sale dumpsters to businesses which have applied for service with the City of Rome. Contact our office for more information.