Rome Floyd Recycling
- Curbside recycling is provided for all City residents one day per week (the same day as your garbage collection). Trucks will collect newspaper, plastic milk jugs and soda containers (#1 AND #2 Plastics), aluminum and steel cans, paperboard, magazines, and cardboard. All collected items are taken to the Rome/Floyd County Recycling Center. Residents in the unincorporated areas of the County can bring their recyclable items to their local REMOTE SITES or bring the recyclables straight to our center where we have a 24/7 drop off area.
Thank you for recycling!!!
Visit us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/romefloydrecycling
Check out this Educational Video on the Recycle Center:
Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collection Day
All Scheduled Events are tentatively set for the 2nd or 3rd SATURDAY of the event month.*2021 EVENT DATES*
- January 16th 2021--- HHW and Electronics Recycling Event Time 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday March 20th 2021--- Electronics Recycling Event Time 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday May 15th 2021--- HHW and Electronics Recycling Event Time 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday July 17th 2021--- Electronics Recycling Event Time 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday September 18th 2021--- HHW and Electronics Recycling Event 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday November 20th 2021--- Electronics Recycling Event Time 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
You MUST call 706-291-5266 to set up an appointment. Appointments can be made starting on the First working day of the event Month, Monday-Thursday. NO PHONE CALLS ARE ACCEPTED THE DAY OF THE EVENT. There is no drop off before or after the event begins. These events are strictly for residents of Floyd County. No businesses or out of county items will be accepted.
If you have any questions, Please call 706-291-5266 Tom Benefield (Manager) Charles Hankins (Assistant Manager).
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE ITEMS INCLUDE POISONS, PESTICIDES, PAINT, AUTOMOTIVE FLUIDS, FLUORESCENT BULBS, CLEANING PRODUCTS, POOL CHEMICALS, AND MORE.
ELECTRONICS ACCEPTED INCLUDE ITEMS SUCH AS TVs, COMPUTERS, MONITORS, SPEAKERS, PRINTERS, COPIERS, DVD PLAYERS, SOUND SYSTEMS, CABLES, SATELLITE RECEIVERS, FAX MACHINES, AND MANY MORE.
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ANYTHING THAT IS ACCEPTED, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL AND ASK. WE NEVER TAKE TIRES, WOOD, CLOTHING, FURNITURE, COMMODES, CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, CARPET, TOYS, MEDICAL WASTE OR TRASH.
WE ASK THAT YOU CALL AHEAD AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT THE FIRST WORKING DAY OF THE MONTH TO THE DAY BEFORE THE EVENT THAT THE EVENT IS HELD IN (706) 291-5266
ALL OF OUR COLLECTIONS ARE HELD AT 412 LAVENDER DRIVE IN WEST ROME
CONFIDENTIAL SHREDDING - We have a free confidential shredding by appointment only. Monday thru Wednesday. You can stay and watch or drop it off. Paper must be loose. Will accept staples and paper clips, but please no file folders, sleeves, binder clips, or rubber bands.
For information call (706) 291-5266.