STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
All information stated below must be provided to and approved by Floyd County Animal Control before any rescue can take place. Our procedures are in place in order to protect the integrity of our department and your rescue group. It is our goal to ensure the safety and well-being of our animals.
- Must obtain license with the Georgia Department of Agriculture
• Click here for more information on the GDA and its procedures.
- Must be approved by Floyd County Animal Control (also known as PAWS):
• Fill out and submit the Animal Shelter Agent Agreement . Click here to download.
- Each foster home must be listed on the Agency Transfer Authorization Document. Click here to download.
- All forms should be submitted to Floyd County Animal Control using one of the following options:
• Fax to (706) 233-0032 with heading “Public Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.), ATTN: Rescue Group Application
• Mail to PO Box 946, Rome, GA 30161-0946.
• NOTE: Please allow at least ten (10) business days for P.A.W.S. to approve or deny your rescue request.
- All forms must be supplied to both the Georgia Department of Agriculture and the releasing shelter, in this case, Public Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.).
- All forms must be kept updated and both the GDA and P.A.W.S. must be notified of all changes.
If there is an animal at the shelter that is reaching its euthanasia date that you want to rescue, you can fill out our Rescue Hold Request Form in order to postpone the euthanasia for a maximum of 48 hours. Only the License Holder is qualified to use this procedure. This form must be submitted by the following Tuesday by 4:00 p.m. in order to be considered. Click here to download.