Floyd County Human Resources
The mission of the Floyd County Human Resources Department is to develop, promote and administer sound and cost-effective personnel policies and procedures that will ensure Floyd County Government a workforce that is fully qualified and trained, justly compensated, fairly treated, well informed and properly recognized for their contributions to the County and its citizens.
Please click here to see our current job openings
It is the Human Resource Department's Pledge
- To respect and protect the merit principles which motivate employees to develop their full capabilities.
- To demonstrate through our actions and behavior a genuine respect for the dignity of the individual and to honor each person's right to fair and equitable treatment in all aspects of employment.
- To engender and sustain a harmonious and mutually beneficial relationship between all levels of management and its employees.
- To treat information accepted in trust as privileged.
- To demonstrate unwavering integrity without involvement in or tolerance of compromise for personal gain or accommodation.
Vacation and Holidays
Annual leave is available to an employee for vacation and to provide some time away from daily work activities for personal use. Annual leave is accrued based on years of service. The following holidays are observed by Floyd County on a yearly basis:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- National Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Veteran's Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Working for Floyd County and serving your fellow citizens can be a rewarding and satisfying experience. The following is a summary of the benefits included with Floyd County employment opportunities.
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Optional Insurance Plans - Available plans include supplemental life, disability and cancer coverage.
- Cafeteria Plan (Section 125 Plan) - Floyd County offers its employees the benefits of a Cafeteria Plan. Under the plan, most of the insurance premiums deducted from an employee’s pay check are paid with pre-tax dollars. This results in significant tax savings to the employee. In addition, an employee may set up a Medical Reimbursement Account allowing him or her to put aside money tax free to pay certain medical and dental bills not covered by medical or dental plans.
- Deferred Compensation Plan - a voluntary, long-term investment program designed to supplement retirement income and allow an employee to defer from his salary non-taxed dollars to invest in various options.
- Longevity Benefits - To recognize the loyalty of our employees, Floyd County provides longevity benefits with payments twice yearly based on years of service.
- Pension Plan - Floyd County is a member of the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia Pension Plan. Employees are not required to contribute to the plan; the County pays the entire cost.
- Educational Assistance and Awards Programs - It is the policy of the Floyd County Board of Commissioners to encourage career development through approved higher education courses with educational assistance subject to certain criteria and availability of funds.
- Health Screenings - Each year the County sponsors voluntary health screenings at little or no cost to all full-time County employees. Available tests generally include complete blood profile, blood pressure checks, height/weight examinations, cancer screening and various types of inoculations.
- Employee Wellness Program - Administered by Floyd Medical Center, the Employee Wellness Program promotes good health through education programs, health screenings, an available on-site nurse to address employee concerns, and awards and incentives for participation.
- Credit Union - Floyd County employees are eligible to join the Northwest Georgia Credit Union. Among the many benefits available are regular checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts, loans and share drafts.
- Direct Deposit - Employees may have their pay deposited directly into an account at the financial institution of their choice.
Sandi McCollum, our full time Wellness Coordinator, works with the Wellness Committee to share ideas, implement programs and make recommendations for the health of Floyd County Employees. The committee is composed of employees from various departments and meets monthly to empower their co-workers toward better health and personal wellness. The committee is composed of employees from various departments and meets monthly to empower their co-workers toward better health and personal wellness.
Wellness Program includes:
•Annual Health Fair
•Weekly Wellness Newsletter
•Free Tobacco Cessation Classes
•Weight Loss Programs
•March for Babies & Heart Walk
Why would I need to contact Human Resources?
- Applying for a job
- Changing tax status or withholdings
- Changing name
- Change of address
- Questions regarding payroll or deductions/or adjustments
- Questions about retirement
- Questions regarding worker’s compensation
Please Click on E-Verify to view our information
Who should I contact regarding insurance coverages, deductibles, or explanation of benefits?
Any questions regarding the above should be directed to Floyd County's insurance representative Bonita Hannah with Garner & Glover at 706-291-7380 or email email@example.com.