posted on October 31, 2012 10:50
The next Household Hazardous Waste Day is Saturday, November 17. It is a perfect time to get rid of those items that should not go into our landfill, including electronics!
Dropping off items is free, but you must schedule an appointment. It helps to keep the line moving and you will have less wait time!
Call 706-291-5266 to reserve your time or if you have any questions.
The Recycling Center is located at 405 Watters Street in Rome.
Here is a list of the materials that you can bring to the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day:
· Antifreeze / Motor Oil
· Kerosene / Gasoline / Transmission Fluid / Degreasers / Brake Fluid
· Car / Household Batteries
· Aerosol Cans
· Hobby / Art Supplies
· Household Cleaners
· Photo / Pool Chemicals
· Pesticides / Weed Killers
· Poisons / Insecticides
· Fluorescent Bulbs / Ballasts
· Computers and other Electronics
· Thermometers with Mercury
· Paints – Oil / Latex Stains / Thinners / Strippers / Solvents / Varnishes / Glues / Wood Preservatives
Follow these guidelines when loading and delivering your hazardous wastes:
- Bring all materials in original containers. Be sure that all containers are closed securely.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad with newspaper. For extra protection, line your trunk with plastic.
- Place leaking or broken containers inside a waterproof container (a 5-gallon bucket works well).
- Never smoke or eat while handling or transporting materials.
- Leave pets at home!
- Once your car has been loaded, drive directly to the site location for unloading.
- Never mix liquids together!