To register to vote in the State of Georgia, you must be:
- A Citizen of The United States
- Legal Resident of Georgia and of the County in which you reside
- At least 18 years of age by Election Day
NOT eligible to register to vote if you are currently:
- Serving any sentence imposed by the conviction of a felony
- Judicially determined to be mentally incompetent
In the State of Georgia, you do not have to register by political party to vote in the State’s Primaries or General Elections.
You May Register To Vote At Any Time, But You Must Be Registered 30 Days Prior To An Election If You Wish To Vote On Election Day. Please see Calendar of Events for Voter Registration Deadline Dates.
Pending Citizenship Law:
If you are registering by mail for the first time in Georgia, you are required to show one of the 6 acceptable types of identification by:
- Mailing a copy of the identification with your voter registration application
- Providing a copy of the identification to the registrar during the absentee voting process, OR by showing one of the acceptable identifications when voting at the polling place
Registering to Vote
Click here for the voter registration application
Download and print off the voter registration application.
Complete and mail the application to:
Floyd County Elections and Voter Registration
Floyd County Administrative Building
12 East 4th Avenue, Suite 20
Rome, GA 30161
- Designated Registration Agencies
Copies of the Voter Registration Application may be obtained at the following state agencies and mailed to the secretary of state's office.
Georgia Department of Human Resources
Georgia Department of Labor/Rehabilitation
Georgia Public Libraries
Georgia Department of Revenue
Georgia Public Schools
If applying for a driver’s license or renewal, citizens may also register to vote at Georgia Department of Driver Services
The deadline for registration is 30 days prior to a general primary, general election, or presidential preference primary. Please see Calendar of Events for Voter Registration Deadline Dates.